Our aim is to help preserve, manage and develop West Bank Park for the benefit of the local community. We regularly organise and undertake practical work and public events in cooperation with the council. We are consulted by the council on developments and changes within the park.
Our main activities are:
- Raising funds to ensure the continued locking of the park gates at night.
- Consulting the public on the spending of the Council playground grant.
- Practical conservation and clean up activities through Park Action volunteering sessions.
- Raising the profile and awareness of the park by recruiting more Friends and building links with other community groups
- Organising the Summer Fair
- Liaison with the Council to make sire that decisions take into account local community views.
The 2016/17 Committee is:
Helen Hoult (Chair)
Georgie Collins (Treasurer)
Kate Smithson (Secretary)
Fiona Calvert (Childrens Activities and Website Coordinator)
Jane Cullen (West Bank Park Heritage Project)
Andreas Heinemeyer (Horticultural advisor)
Conor and Paddy Heinemeyer (children’s representatives)
Becky Seddon (Membership Secretary)
Helene Vergereau-Bouet (Gate Unlocking Coordinator)
Through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/westbankparkyork
On Twitter at @westbankpark